See it, measure it & report it
Site progress monitoring, erosion monitoring
and other repeat visit surveys
Details photorealistic models using drone based photogrammetry and lidar.
This can be further enhanced with the use of terrestrial photogrammetry and lidar.
Roof top visual inspection reports; remote inspections; and thermal inspections.
Drones are transforming the way we see the world
A drone is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). UAVs can either be Fixed-Wing drones or Multi-Rotor drones.
As drones get more affordable and versatile they are becoming more accessible to all sorts of people who would have never been mapping before. However, a professional surveyor who has an in-depth understanding of modelling the real world can produce better quality models. Surveyors have an in-depth understanding of measuring and modelling the real world. Surveyors understand what goes in has a direct bearing on what comes out. Building in precision means a process that often involves work without a single point being measured. A full understanding of precision and repeatability and a rigorous approach to data gathering transforms average data into precise data that is also accurate. Efficient workflows, compliant with the CAA GVC using survey-grade DJI drones underpin that.
We provide the following drone services:
- Drone Mapping: Photogrammetric or Lidar surveys. Drone mapping is far quicker to measure than a conventional topographical survey. Comparable survey-grade data is achievable with the correct workflow.
- Inspection reports: Roof and inaccessible location inspection, condition and thermographic reports. These can be particularly useful when inspecting equipment where safety is a concern.
- Progress reports: repeated flight monitoring and progress for construction and civil works.
- 3d modelling: 30 years experience of mapping and modelling the real world.
- Measured building surveys particularly in difficult to access areas using autonomous drones surveys and state of the art collision avoidance technology.
- Crop surveys: Map your farmland with ease and routinely monitor your crops.
- Videography: Video footage can be great for cataloguing assets or recording events.
- Photography: Photos can also provide a great record of assets and events.
Aerial based Land Surveys offer the best data coverage, accuracy, with highly visual deliverables using Airborne Photogrammetry and Lidar/Laser Scanning.
Ground Land Surveys evolves with drones
We have over 30 years experience as Land Surveyors. As a profession land surveyors have seen many changes over the years as technology changes have yielded huge productivity increases.
- Years ago optical theodolites were used by a team of 3 to 5 Land Surveyors to manually record the observed angles and distances from known stations. Angles were optically read from glass circles. Tapes were used to measure distances. Measurements were logged by hand into field books. The measurements were transcribed using sheet compasses onto drafting film as a point plot with linework added using ink pens and French Curves.
- Electronic Distance Measuring devices appeared replacing the survey crew members that were handling the tapes. Greater distances were measurable reducing the number of stations required to carry out a survey.
- Later electronic theodolites replaced the glass circles. Data loggers appeared that allowed recording of angles and distances.
- More recently Robotic One-man Total Stations appeared reducing the survey crew to just 1 surveyor operating the instrument remotely from the detail pole.
- The advent of survey grade Global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) / Global Positioning System (GPS) later transformed by Real Time Kinematics (RTK) supplying corrections in real time via mobile signals. Now we are seeing that transformed again by the arrival of survey grade Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
Drones have now elevated the survey workflow to a whole new level. Drone based land surveys, using photogrammetry and Lidar remote sensing technology, are allowing land surveyors to literally reach new heights of data acquisition. The deliverables for our clients are equally impressive with visually stunning and precise 3d models. Contact us if you would like to see how these deliverables can transform how you do business.