Why progress monitoring is important on a construction site
There are several reasons why it is important to monitor progress on a construction site:
- Cost management: Monitoring progress allows the project manager to track the actual cost of the project compared to the budget. This helps to identify any cost overruns or savings and allows the manager to make necessary adjustments to stay within budget.
- Quality control: Monitoring progress allows the project manager to ensure that the work is being completed to the required standards. This helps to identify any issues or problems that may arise and allows for timely corrective action to be taken.
- Schedule management: Monitoring progress allows the project manager to track the progress of the project against the schedule. This helps to identify any delays or issues that may impact the overall schedule and allows for necessary adjustments to be made to stay on track.
- Risk management: Monitoring progress allows the project manager to identify and assess any potential risks that may arise during the construction process. This helps to mitigate these risks and ensure the project is completed safely and successfully.
- Communication: Monitoring progress allows the project manager to keep stakeholders informed of the progress of the project. This helps to maintain trust and transparency and ensures that everyone involved in the project is aware of its progress.
Book a bird’s eye view progress monitoring survey on your construction site
Monitor progress on your construction site
Inspect progress quickly, cheaply and safely
View detail without interrupting site operations
Review superstructure without needing extra scaffolding,
Cherry Pickers or other expensive access equipment
Improve Construction site safety with a drone survey
One of the major gains to be had with monitoring progress with a drone is safety. Specifically, the ability to quickly and safely inspect work sites without having to send personnel on foot. This can help keep workers safe from potential hazards, such as falling objects, plant and machinery or hazardous materials. Additionally, drones can be used to survey the site, identify areas that need additional attention, and help with project management. This can help reduce the risk of delays or accidents due to miscommunications or lack of information. Overall, using a drone to monitor progress on a construction site can help increase safety and efficiency.
Completed roof on this commercial development
Why is a drone a particularly useful tool to monitor a construction site
There are several reasons why drones can be particularly useful tools for monitoring construction sites:
- Cost: Drones can be a cost-effective alternative to traditional methods of site monitoring, such as hiring a team of surveyors or using a manned aircraft.
- Speed: Drones can cover a large area quickly, allowing for frequent monitoring of the site. This can be particularly useful for tracking progress and identifying issues in a timely manner.
- Safety: Drones can be used to access areas of the site that may be difficult or dangerous for workers to reach, such as high elevations or hazardous environments. This helps to improve safety on the construction site.
- Precision: Drones can be equipped with high-resolution cameras and other sensors that can capture detailed images and data of the site. This can be useful for identifying issues or problems that may not be visible to the naked eye.
- Versatility: Drones can be used for a wide range of applications on a construction site, including surveying, mapping, inspection, and more. This makes them a versatile tool for monitoring and managing the construction process.
Drone progress monitoring can help with your CDM Health and Safety requirements as well as other drone inspections for routine maintenance and safety checks.
We can help you monitor construction progress
Monitoring construction progress is essential to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Use drone inspections and aerial photography to help keep your project on time and to budget. With the right tools and techniques, surveyors can make sure every construction project is managed efficiently. Ensure your surveyor has the right permissions for commercial work in a congested area with the Civil Aviation Authority. Investing in the right construction progress monitoring solutions can help make sure projects are completed with minimal delays and disruption. Contact us for a quote today. Let us help you manage your construction projects more effectively – make sure you choose the right surveyors for the job.