Site engineer setting out the footings for housing development in Shropshire
Setting out is the reverse of the Land Survey process, whereby a Land Surveyor takes a design and accurately marks out or sets out the position/dimensions of the design in the real world.
Site Setting Out Services: Accurate Surveys, Precise Setting Out, and Detailed As-Built Surveys for construction and development projects.
As UK-based land surveyors, site engineers / setting out engineers, we offer a full range of services for construction projects, including development projects. Our team of professionals has extensive experience and expertise in delivering high-quality, cost-effective solutions to meet your specific requirements.
Setting out stages
We carry out topographical land surveys to provide accurate and up-to-date pre-application information about the site
- Pre-planning Surveys: We carry out topographical land surveys to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the site, including the position of boundaries, trees, and other physical features. Don’t rely on less accurate Ordnance Survey data and get an accurate land survey to maximise your site’s potential. Get a comprehensive drone land survey to help you get planning permission.
- Site Verification Surveys: Often we take on sites where the site was surveyed by another firm of surveyors or there was no accurate survey at all. We verify the information gathered during the pre-planning survey stage or from inherited site surveys, ensuring that all data is accurate and up-to-date before construction begins. Ensure your design fits at the start and before costly errors are found at the end of a construction project.
- Setting Out: We then use the latest technology and equipment to accurately set out the building’s position, level, drainage, key features and boundaries, ensuring that construction work is carried out to the correct specifications and everything is built where it should be.
- Drone Inspections: We can use drones to inspect and survey construction sites throughout the development, providing detailed, high-resolution imagery to help site managers and project managers make informed decisions, and spot and remedy construction defects and faults before costs escalate. Drone inspections can also reduce costs by saving on cherry pickers and scaffolding costs to inspect details in elevated positions.
- Construction Progress Monitoring: We monitor the progress of construction work, ensuring that it is carried out to the correct specifications and in line with the agreed timeframe.
- As-Built Surveys: We carry out as-built surveys at the end of construction, providing accurate and up-to-date information about the finished development ready for adoption by the statutory authorities.
Drone roof inspection in Staffordshire during construction where limited space precluded the use of costly platforms and cherry pickers
Setting Out Process:
Our setting out process is thorough and efficient, ensuring that all aspects of the construction project are accurately set out. This includes setting out the foundations, building corners, roads and footpaths, and other carriageways. We use the latest technology and equipment to ensure that the setting out is precise and meets the required specifications.
Site engineer setting out blockwork corners and additional footings on a construction site in Hertfordshire
Types of Development:
We can set out various development projects, including but not limited to, housing developments, commercial developments, industrial developments, and infrastructure projects. No matter the type of development, our team is equipped to deliver accurate and precise setting out services to meet your needs.
With our commitment to delivering the highest quality services, you can be confident that your development project will be in safe hands. Contact us today to discuss your requirements and learn more about how we can help you achieve your goals.
Land surveyor setting out on a medium sized housing development in Staffordshire